Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact.
At Viasat, we are on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Enhancing communication all around the globe… Our customers range from Commercial to Government making us complex, yet flexible in meeting the world’s communication needs. Each group at ViaSat contributes to the launch of every satellite, how exciting is that?
As a Patent Attorney, you will utilize your expertise by supporting one or more business areas through working with in-house counsel, outside patent counsel, business area managers, technical leads, and inventors. You will prepare and prosecute patent applications, patent searching, and other activities in support of company’s patent portfolio.
This is a full-time, permanent position in Carlsbad, CA.
- Engineering experience in one or more of the following: networking/Internet, cloud computing, telecommunications, information assurance, signal processing, big data
- 5-10 years experience in patent drafting and prosecution
- USPTO registration
- Ability to function in a dynamic team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or related field with relevant experience
- Juris Doctorate
- U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for some projects in which case, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Invention harvesting
- Landscape analysis
- PCT/International patent
Additional Requirements and information:
- Minimum education: BA/BS
- Years of experience: 5-8 years
- Travel: Up to 10%
- Citizenship: US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status required
- Clearance: None
- Worker Classification: Regular
Interested candidates are asked to Apply Online with their resume/CV.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.